Valerie Goes to Thailand

Saturday 18 September 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Well it's no surprise that I've run out of time, with attending many farewell parties, packing, and visiting friends, that I've had no time to blog as I wished. Right now, my room is bare, with the somethings new, somethings old stuffed into two suitcases. What a whirlwind this year has been, but the adventure is not over! I will be traveling to India for two weeks, and then I will update the last few weeks in my blog. In the meantime, I will try to leave Nakhon Phanom less tearless than days before, and I will leave you with this reflection on traveling.

Photo taken at The Good Mook Coffee Shop, Mukdahan

2 comments:

  1. In your year in Isaan, did you manage to notice just how appauling the Thai education system is and how incompetent most Thai teachers are? Thai students are fun to teach. But, they're free will is all but beaten into submission by the time I see them in university. Thai educators, especially those in authority should be shot.

    A 13 year veteran professor at Thai universities

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a terrible and ridiculously general comment, and of course it is made anonymously. The person who left it should get out of education as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Watch my WAKA WAKA WorldTeach Thailand Video