Valerie Goes to Thailand

Wednesday 19 May 2010

I'm Back!

I've been meaning to update, but it seems that settling back into the daily grind has been more complicated. I've managed to post some pictures on facebook, but I fully intend on entering some excerpts from my travel journal, accompanied of course, by some photos. I have absolutely loved backpacking laterally, and longitudinally across Thailand. There's such a transformative power concomitant with traveling-- I feel like a new person after every time I travel.

Needless to say, I'm very happy to be back. Some changes this semester: Now I have an English classroom of my own in both schools, a favor granted by both my directors. Coincidentally, my classrooms are also the resident libraries, so I plan on incorporating the advantages of my setting. My schedule is also amended for this semester- hopefully the way my time is divided with the two schools fosters better learning and memory for my students.

Lastly, I wanted everyone to know that I am quite safe here in Nakhon Phanom, despite the turbulence Bangkok is embroiled with at present. Interestingly, the latest headline in the Nytimes website signals a possibility of stability. I sure hope so, because my mom will be visiting next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch my WAKA WAKA WorldTeach Thailand Video