Valerie Goes to Thailand

Thursday 28 January 2010

Noises, A Catalogue.


My house, the center of discordant noises--

the crowing of roosters, in the early morn!
(and at night! confused by the yellow moon)
the constant tingling bell of some blasted dog's collar!
our neighbors' drunken off-key and off-putting karaoke!
our neighbors' children, playing at 4 am!
our neighbor's buffalo giving birth, seemingly without end!
our resident gecko (FITZWILLIAM) sounding out his mating calls!
rough engines of motorcycles!
domestic disputes!
packs of dogs in heat!
random trees falling down!
battles of kitchen mortar and pestle--

I like to think that Nature shamelessly flaunts the avant garde,
but in the cacophony of all these perpetual noises,
my sleep has been the sole casualty,
my sanity, dissolved.



2 comments:

Watch my WAKA WAKA WorldTeach Thailand Video