Valerie Goes to Thailand

Sunday 13 December 2009

Some interesting week

Despite some rocky circumstances this week, I've managed to eke out some laughter, thanks to my students. I was teaching my third graders some colors and every time I show a flashcard of a particular color, they have to point to an object of the same coloring. So it happens that I show the card yellow, and this girl lifts up her skirt and points to her yellow underwear.

Wait, what? What did just happen? My thoughts exactly. I hadn't been shocked in a while, but this one definitely did. I asked her discreetly to put her skirt down and not to do again, but in my head I wasn't sure whether to bury my face and burst out laughing in the class. I would have been slapped by lawsuit after lawsuit had this happened in the United States. Oh. my. god.

I showed Wall-E to my students this week as a reward for doing well on their letters. That was pretty precious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch my WAKA WAKA WorldTeach Thailand Video